Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Peach Pound Cake



The recipe Lyd and I made yesterday was found in one of the many Taste of Home magazines floating around our house. I was going to post the recipe but I did a quick search on their website and found it. So if you are interested in the recipe check it out here.

*I should note that while the recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of both almond and vanilla extract we changed it up a bit and did 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract. (Simply because Lyd doesn't really care for the taste of almond extract.)

*We also thought the cake could have used a bit more peach flavor so next time we might try adding more peaches. However, we aren't sure what that would do for the consistency of the cake so we also thought about creating a peach glaze or sauce to go on top. Maybe next time we'll experiment with that!



*sorry for the slightly blurry picture...I think I was in a hurry to eat it ;)

3 comments:

amy grace said...

Excuse me? What is this? You have a blog and I didn't know?!?!?! COME ON! :)

amy grace said...

Oh and I vote peach glaze. I tried some peach scones and had too much of peach-water and the texture/consistency was BLAH. But a glaze would have been DELICIOUS.

Hannah said...

Wellll I wasn't really going to tell anyone until I did some more work on it :) but you found me! And we made a peach sauce/glaze for the leftover cake yesterday, after I wrote this, and it was delicious!!